Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Just a few updates

Namaste friends and family. There have been some pretty big developments in my trip since the last time I updated you. Originally I was supposed to be in the Himalayas researching areas to start church planting movements, but there were some complications with that project and it had to be cancelled. I will now be working in a more southern region of the country. My team now consists of a full time worker and one other student worker. We will be focusing our work on unreached groups of Muslims in the area. Working with Muslims is very different from what I was originally expecting on this trip but I feel like the Father has really gone before me to put me exactly where he wants me to be. It would be very easy to get anxious or worried about getting moved to a new location at the last minute, but I have learned that when the Father changes plans or directs you down a certain path it is always for our good and his glory if we submit to his will. I'm sure I will continue to learn this throughout my trip. I just want to say thank you to all of you who have expressed excitment in being involved in the work that will be happening. Your financial partnerships in this work means so much to me as well as your needed prayer support. Jesus said that "where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." I truly believe that your partnership in this work is evidence of the attitude of your heart. I'll be flying out of Atlanta at 3:50pm on Thursday the 21st. I hope to be able to give you an update soon after I get on the ground. Stay tuned for what I know is going to be a truly awesome summer.

Grace and Peace

1 comment:

  1. Sam, as one of your mission profs, I've had the tremendous privilege of watching you grow and prosper in every area. You've delighted me and I KNOW God is delighted with you, too! As you go to serve the lost, rest assured that there is a team of us back here that are lifting you up to the throne. Keep me posted and know that I will ALWAYS love to hear from you. URLOVD and URTHEBEST! :-)

    ReplyDelete